Updated: Feb 13, 2020
Weddings are happy, memorable, joyous events – and you definitely want your own wedding to be planned the best way there is.
Does that mean there have to be rivers of alcohol served at your wedding reception?
We have gathered some tips to help you make the right decision when it comes to this – so read on and find out more.
· No, you don’t have to serve alcohol at your wedding. Alcohol-free weddings are a thing and you are totally allowed not to serve alcoholic drinks if that’s what you want. There might be a million reasons for this: from the fact that you don’t want to cover the bill for the drinks (which can be really high) to the fact that you just don’t want to drink alcohol and you don’t want to encourage guests to do it either.
· There are SO many amazing alternatives to those who want to have an alcohol-free wedding! For instance, you could serve a variety of delicious, fruity, and unique mocktails. People will absolutely love these – so much that they will not even realize no alcohol is served!
· Furthermore, adding extra entertainment into the mix can also help guests forget about the lack of alcohol. A fun magic show, a caricaturist, a fireworks show, a bunch of oversized board games, a photo booth – they will keep your guests busy and happy all evening long.
· Of course, you can serve a small amount of alcohol too. For instance, you might want to serve alcohol just for the big speeches. Likewise, you can limit the types of alcohol served at your wedding too – you could serve just champagne for the speeches, and a couple of wines and beers. This solution is a perfect middle ground for those of you who aren’t big fans of alcohol and don’t want to spend too much on it for the Big Day and those of you who feel that a little alcohol is actually expected by your guests.
· In the end, you set the rules when it comes to what you serve and what you don’t serve at your wedding. Do what feels closer to who YOU are and what your story is all about!
Looking for the best wedding venue in the Colorado Mountains? Contact Blackstone Rivers Ranch and come take a look at the splendid venue we will offer for your Big Day. Contact us and allow our riverfront mountain wedding venue to amaze you and your guests!