Updated: Feb 13, 2020
Photo by: Jewels Photography
Your wedding is bound to be one of the most special days of your life – not only through the festive lens and through the lens of the range of emotions you will experience, but also through the lens of how this day will be prepared and the weeks and months that will lead up to it.
What are some of the essential things you must make sure to do before the wedding?
We have some tips for you. Keep reading and find out more!
· Write a love letter to your fiancé. Take a moment to write a passionate letter to your fiancé, and then stash it away with a calendar reminder to give it to him on your first wedding anniversary. Talk about romantic!
· Decide what, if any, changes you are going to make to your name. These days you have every option, including keeping your name, taking your fiancé’s name, hyphenating, or completely changing your name if that’s what you prefer. It’s best not to wait too long and to discuss your decision with your fiancé so there are no surprises leading up to the Big Day.
· Exercise. You have probably read this a thousand times before – and we have given this tip before as well. There is a very important reason why this is important: it works. Exercising is not about losing weight and fitting into a smaller dress as much as it is about strengthening your core, keeping your body healthy, and allowing your brain to release all those magical hormones that will fight off the stress and anxiety of planning the Big Day. Do make sure to incorporate both cardio and strength exercises in your routines – this way, you will reap all the benefits of working out!
· Eat right. You might feel like jumping on that chocolate and pizza train, but long-term, junk food will only do you harm. Eat healthy instead – it will make you feel better from head to toe, it will help your hair and your skin shine, it will help you maintain your energy levels as high as possible and, overall, it will help you prepare for the Big Day from every point of view. Healthy proteins, good fats, complex carbs, fruits and veggies – there’s no secret recipe to it, no fad diet, just simple, healthy, clean food.
· Take time for yourself. Really, do it. Meditate, do Yoga, take long walks, work out. Read, listen to music, spend time with those you love. Take a trip out of town. Watch an entire series with your loved one. Do the things you love – the wedding will be amazing any way!
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue in the Colorado Mountains? Contact Blackstone Rivers Ranch and come check out what we offer here. The splendid surroundings of the mountainside and riverside location, as well as the elegance of the venue itself will all charm you in an instant!