Updated: Feb 13, 2020
Your mother made you everything you are today. She’s the one who raised you and infused your self-respect. She’s the one who will stand there in the first line at your wedding, weeping tears of joy and nostalgia at the same time.
You want to include your mom in the wedding and pre-wedding events – but what are some of the best ways to do it, so that you make her truly happy? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
· Shop for the dress. Include your mom in the wedding gown shopping entourage and listen to her advice. She was once a bride herself, and she knows you better than anyone – even if you don’t completely agree with her advice, listen to her and make her feel important. Because she is so, so important!
· Attend bridal shows. Believe it or not, there was a time, before the Internet, when bridal shows were the single most important way of finding the best vendors in the area. Bridal shows are still really important – so why not attend one or two with your mom? She’ll feel great there, helping you search for the most amazing wedding specialists!
· Take her to the spa. You want your mom to feel as great as you do on the Big Day – so why not take her to the spa before the wedding? She will definitely enjoy being pampered and spending some quality time with her little girl!
· Wear something of hers on the wedding day. It may be a small piece of her wedding (sewn on the interior of your own gown, or re-purposed in a pretty accessory, such as a necklace or a bracelet). Or it may simply be an accessory she wore on the Big Day (her earrings). Whatever it is, she will definitely be more than happy to lend it to you for such a special moment!
· Ask her to walk you down the aisle. Traditionally, the father of the bride walks her down the aisle and gives her away. However, this tradition pertains to a highly patriarchal society – which is not the case anymore. Ask your mom to share the moment with your dad and have them both walk you down the aisle. It will make for such an emotional moment!
Looking for the best wedding venue in Colorado? Contact Blackstone Rivers Ranch if you’re searching for a splendid riverfront mountain wedding venue in the area!